HOUSE CLEANING AND EGG PAINTING

April 2, 2020, Thursday


Some how this day has flown by. I had a phone call from a cousin who is feeling lonely and sad. She has lots of friends, but of course they're all isolated. She lives by herself and has no near realtives. I enjoyed talking with her (and will do so again), but had to cut the conversation short to log in to Zoom for the Thursday morning Bible study. We always have a good discussion.

I had cleaned upstairs yesterday, but left downstairs for today. Don was waiting to do the vaccuming. So I hurridly Swiffered furniture and wiped down the kitchen counters. I've been using a home-made mixture of a tablespoon or two of bleach and a few drops of dish detergent in a squirt bottle of water. It seems to work well, and neutralizes unpleasant odors.

We miss our cleaning lady and her crew. Other friends have mentioned the same thing. We don't realize how much they do for us until they can't. As I mentioned before, I'll continue to pay her. She may be undocumented and therefore not eligible for any of the relief checks the government is supposedly sending.

Lunch, a nap, mopped the kitchen floor. Then settled down to paint Easter eggs. I read about a project to paint decorated Easter eggs on paper or cardboard and hang them in the window, especaiily for children who might be passing by. That sounded fun to me, so I painted several small pieces of cardboard in Easter egg colors. Will then outline the egg shape, decorate it, and finally, cut out the shape. The project was my reward to myself for finishing the house cleaning. The topic was similar to the discussion we had in Bible study this morning. Do we do good things to get into heaven? It seems more nuanced than that.

Figured out how to make a folder in Google Drive, fill it with files, then share it with someone else. It's a way to send lot of photos in one email and I was replying to two requests for images.

Time for supper, probably the pizza from the freezer.

Comments

  1. I was looking forward to Easter before our quarantine began, but now have stopped making new decorations for Easter. No one see them but Lloyd and me. I will plan a special Easter-themed dinner for two.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts